Public registration is now full. You may still sign up for the waiting list or register a corporate team.
Funds raised will help support environmental regeneration projects and other initiatives that are of environmental benefit to the watershed and the people who live, work and visit the Don.
Your team's fundraising efforts will be rewarded with great prizes, plus, The Living City Foundation will issue a tax receipt for all donations $10 and over so those who sponsor you also win!
Fundraising can be done through our secure online fundraising system using your team's dedicated corporate page, or you can print and use the pledge form provided. The winning corporate team will be announced at the Manulife Take-out Party so remember to bring all completed pledge form(s) along with all of the money you've collected to the event.
Steps for Online Fundraising:
- Once you've registered your corporate team, login to your team fundraising page with the information you receive in your fundraising registration e-mail. This e-mail will be sent to you within one business day of your registration, and it will contain your username and password to login to your fundraising profile.
- Encourage your team members, friends, family and coworkers to visit your team page and support your fundraising efforts. You may upload or add your contacts to the system and send out an email informing your friends and family about Manulife Paddle the Don and how they can support you. We've also provided some simple fundraising tips to help your team get started.
Team Fundraising Tips:
- Make the first donation. Donors are more motivated if they know you contributed to the cause.
- Conduct an email or letter writing campaign. Engage other corporations, clients, suppliers, employees, family and friends to support your team. Use the message we've provided and personalize it to suit your needs.
- Ask your company to match employee contributions.
- Organize a dress down day at work for a donation in support of the Don River.
- Collect extra change near the register in the cafeteria or at the reception desk.
- Ask early; don't wait for the last minute to begin your campaign. Be prepared for some "No's" and don't get discouraged. Remember to thank everyone who supports you right away!
- Make it as easy as possible for a company or individual to support you. Use the secure online fundraising system.